The role: A fantastic opening has unexpectedly arisen for anyone with an interest in developing a management role in the farm attraction and outdoor tourism industry. You will work alongside the Business Operations Manager in ensuring the smooth running of the park on busy ‘design’ days and throughout the season but be able to contribute to business development whether through innovating and delivering on new ideas to help develop our corporate programme, assisting in building our wildlife and conservation activity and deer safaris, or developing bushcraft weekends as well as working on our shop and sales and marketing of our home-produced foods including assisting with the management of our deer herd. You will be responsible for contributing to the development and management of the farm’s programme of popular special events from Easter egg hunts to Halloween as well as helping manage birthday and celebration party bookings. Working with the Managing Director and Business Operations Manager, you will assist in running membership bookings and work creatively to develop the membership package on offer.
Hours/ rate: This is a full time vacancy (although part time applications may be considered) with weekend & holiday working an essential element of this tourism-based role. Annual salary in region of £20k.
The person: You will need:
- A keen interest and preferably practical experience in outdoor tourism, farm education or conservation education.
- Experience of the visitor attraction/ tourism sector an advantage
- To have a mature, calm outlook and positive can-do attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to understand and share the vision of the management team for the farm park and its associated ventures
- Confidence at dealing with the public and working with children
- To be a hard working team player who can work well alongside Bucklebury Farm and Deer Safari Park and associated external suppliers and go the extra mile to deliver a great visitor experience
- A creative and dynamic approach to bring excellence and stand out quality to Bucklebury Farm Park events
To apply: Please send CVs and letter of application to jobs(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)buckleburyfarmpark.co.uk
Closing date: 15th January 2019