Wildlife & Conservation Education Manager
The role: A fantastic opening has unexpectedly arisen for anyone with an interest in developing a management role in the farm attraction and outdoor tourism industry. You will help ensure the smooth running of the park on busy ‘design’ days and throughout the season but have a focus on building our wildlife and conservation education activity programme.
You will run our weekly nature activity days and develop our corporate outdoor activity programme as well as developing bushcraft weekends. Other commercial aspects will include working on our shop and sales and marketing of our home-produced foods including assisting with the management of our deer herd. Working with the Managing Director and Business Operations Manager, you will assist in running membership bookings and work creatively to develop the membership package on offer.
Hours/ rate: This is a full time vacancy (although part time applications may be considered) with weekend & holiday working an essential element of this tourism-based role. Annual salary in region of £22k.
The person: You will need:
- A passion for outdoor, wildlife and conservation education and a desire to engage our visitors in this crucial aspect of our work
- Preferably practical experience in outdoor tourism, farm education or conservation education.
- Experience of the visitor attraction/ tourism sector an advantage
- To have a mature, calm outlook and positive can-do attitude
- Strong customer service skills
- Good listening skills and the ability to understand and share the vision of the management team for the farm park and its associated ventures
- Confidence at dealing with the public and working with children
- To be a hard working team player who can work well alongside Bucklebury Farm and Deer Safari Park and associated external suppliers and go the extra mile to deliver on this exciting project to create a great visitor experience
- A creative and dynamic approach to bring excellence and stand out quality to Bucklebury Farm & Deer Safari Park events
To apply: Please send CVs and letter of application to jobs(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)buckleburyfarmpark.co.uk
Closing date: 1 March 2019
Visitor Services Assistants (full and part time positions)
Department Operations, Retail / Visitor Services
Position type: Part & Full time
Part time (weekends and school holidays): upwards of 8-16 hours per week at weekends with additional hours available during school holidays
Part time (weekdays): from 9am to 3pm with number of days to suit. Some morning or afternoon positions also available. These roles would also involve a commitment to working at peak time during school holidays.
Full time: 40 hours per week over five days with a shift including one day at weekends
We are currently looking for enthusiastic individuals to work on our busy admissions and customer service teams, running our kiosk, retail and play areas and assisting with parties, special events and school visits. As the first and often last point of contact with our visitors, these roles are key to the provision of a welcoming environment in order to maximise visitor engagement and ensure that every visit to Bucklebury Farm & Deer Safari Park is special. This is important work, your smile and ability to tell the story of our farm and safari park will create a lasting impression and encourage the next generation to learn and enjoy the countryside and all that it has to offer.
Successful candidates may have sales experience in a customer facing retail environment, an educational background or a background working with children. You won’t mind getting stuck in to all tasks to ensure the park areas are operating smoothly and will be a team player, working well with others and in conjunction with our Operations and Deputy Managers. Above all you will need a practical, can do attitude, an outgoing and friendly personality and a commitment to providing a fantastic visitor experience across all aspects of customer care, in a calm, professional manner. First aid training will be given. An interest in farming, wildlife and conservation would be beneficial.
These roles are unfortunately not suitable for school aged students or those under-18.
– 20 days annual leave (pro-rata) excluding Bank Holidays
– Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
– Free parking
– Discount off entry and kiosk, food and shop purchases
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to jobs(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)buckleburyfarmpark.co.uk using the subject line of the job applied for as appropriate.